Saturday, December 13, 2008

Recipe 2: Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake

Ok, here is the next recipe I promised to post. It's the cake I made for my dad's birthday in October and it's one of my favourites.

*Beat eggs until frothy, then gradually add sugar, oil and chocolate. Beat well.
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1 C oil
4 Squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled a little bit


Combine in another bowl:
2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 pinch cloves

*add the above flour mixture to the egg mixture, until just combined. Don't over mix.

Combine, then fold into the batter:
2 C grated carrot
1 540 mL can crushed pineapple
(can add 1/2 C chopped walnuts/pecans if you want)

*The most important part is preparing the 10" Bundt pan. If you don't grease it enough, the cake will break apart when you try to take it out. I grease it first, then sprinkle flour all over.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting (this makes a big batch, it's more than needed for one cake, unless you really LOVE cream cheese frosting)

1/2 C butter/margerine, softened
125 g package of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 - 1/2 C icing sugar

*Cream the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Beat in icing sugar gradually. I always need more (even a whole cup more to get it thick enough), to get the right thickness.

5 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Thanks...with those ingredients it's no wonder why the cake is so good.

Can't wait to make it.

Wilma said...

I'll put this recipe in my collection also. But what if I don't have a bundt pan? Will it turn out just as well in a regular cake pan?

M. Piepgrass said...

Unfortunately the bunt pan is a necessity says Petrea. Do I smell an NPS trip?

Wilma said...

I'm on the look out now...

Sarah said...

hey guys! I tagged you on my blog to post 6 (un)interesting things about you & then you tag 6 others. If you wanna play that is... :)