Saturday, December 13, 2008
Homemade Oreo Cookie recipe
This recipe post is dedicated to Jacqui, who requested this recipe a long time ago. (I did not take the above photo, but it's what the end product should look like). The recipe is really easy; they take a little bit of time to frost, but they're worth it! The cream cheese frosting in the middle keeps the cookie so nice and soft! Anyway, here's the recipe (note: you need 2 boxes of cake mix):
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a mixing bowl combine:
1 devils food cake mix (hard to mistake for icing sugar!)
4 eggs
2/3 C of oil
Then add:
1 more cake mix (the recipe says you can add a white mix or any other kind of mix for a variation)
*I usually start mixing the dough with a mixer, but by the middle of the second cake mix, you'll have to mix it by hand as it will be too thick for beaters (except maybe if you're using Bosch cookie beaters). The dough should really thick, almost like playdough.
Next, roll the dough into balls. I usually make them about 1" in diameter, but I like them smaller. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (different than wax paper). I usually flatten them a little bit too just to keep them from rolling around, but you don't have to. Bake for 8 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, tap the cookie sheet on the counter to flatten the cookies.
Icing:
1/2 C cream cheese, softened
1/8 C butter/margarine, softened
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all together with an electric mixer. You will probably have to add more icing sugar to get the right consistency. The icing should be thick enough to spread without oozing out of the cookie sandwich. Once the cookies are cooled, put them together with the frosting. That's it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that sounds good, I'll have to give the recipe a try...unfortunately, I know who will be eating most of them.
thanks petrea! ....i guess i will have to get more icing sugar since I used it all on my last batch of cookies!!
Another good recipe ( I read your other recipe first)...but really these can't be healthy for you with all those good ingredients.
Thanks for posting them.
Post a Comment