
Well everyone, I am thrilled to announce that Michael has been accepted to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry and is on the waiting list for the University of Kentucky in Lexington. I'm so proud of him for all his hard work, smooth talking, and sucking up over the last few months especially as he's been flying around interviewing, taking a full course load, and dealing with an emotional and pregnant wife! What a lucky girl I am to be married to such a hard working hubby.
To celebrate, we went out to eat at "The Upstairs". It's a classy fondue place. It's usually very very expensive, but we had a coupon (even though I've been a working girl for a little over a year, I'm still really a student at heart). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. There were 4 courses. We started with a broccoli bacon salad, then had a cheese fondue. We choose the Swiss and Garlic flavor and were given rye bread, apple, mushrooms, and veggies to dip. Next course was the "main course". We choose the "hot rock" method of cooking our meat/veggies. It was so fun - they brought us a large flat marble looking stone that was heated to 550 degrees C. You could feel the heat radiating from it. Our server laid out at least 8 different kinds of sauces for dipping our cooked meat. So we spread out our chicken, shrimp, teriyaki beef, zucchini, and mushrooms on this really hot rock and let it sizzle for awhile. Yumyum. Then came the chocolate. Creamy, warm, dark chocolate with strawberries, cheesecake, brownie, cream puff things, and of course, bananas to dip. It was really fun, especially since Michael hasn't really had fondue before. I think he had a good experience and we might even get ourselves a little fondue pot so we can try it again at home.
To celebrate, we went out to eat at "The Upstairs". It's a classy fondue place. It's usually very very expensive, but we had a coupon (even though I've been a working girl for a little over a year, I'm still really a student at heart). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. There were 4 courses. We started with a broccoli bacon salad, then had a cheese fondue. We choose the Swiss and Garlic flavor and were given rye bread, apple, mushrooms, and veggies to dip. Next course was the "main course". We choose the "hot rock" method of cooking our meat/veggies. It was so fun - they brought us a large flat marble looking stone that was heated to 550 degrees C. You could feel the heat radiating from it. Our server laid out at least 8 different kinds of sauces for dipping our cooked meat. So we spread out our chicken, shrimp, teriyaki beef, zucchini, and mushrooms on this really hot rock and let it sizzle for awhile. Yumyum. Then came the chocolate. Creamy, warm, dark chocolate with strawberries, cheesecake, brownie, cream puff things, and of course, bananas to dip. It was really fun, especially since Michael hasn't really had fondue before. I think he had a good experience and we might even get ourselves a little fondue pot so we can try it again at home.
6 comments:
Congratulations Michael! I knew you would make it.
We will miss you knowing you are so far away but if you keep on the blogs it will keep us close.
I am excited about your coming addition to the family.
The first one is always exciting --and the poor first child is the one we experiment on. With the second one-you are more relaxed since you've been there -done that.
Your meal sounds great. How did you manage to eat all that? Love you --
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am excited for you guys! That will be fun living so close to dad, minus the slurpees and diet coke he'll try to feed your baby.............just kidding
Sounds like you guys had fun celebrating! You can't go wrong with fondue
December 1...a day to remember...the only time you can stay up all night checking your emails.
I am glad you got in.
Supper sounded good...sorry I didn't expose you more to the fondue idea.
And you used a coupon...I am pretty impressed...I always think it makes the meal taste that much better.
Congratulations! What a relief to know that you have been accepted to a Dental school and may even have options! And yes, you really are a smooth talker...and to think, when you were a toddler visiting us in Orem, I was concerned that you were so quiet and shy. Boy was that wasted energy on my part.
What a nice way to celebrate! I may have to try the fondue place here sometime...I doubt I can talk Dave into it though.
I'm excited for the two (three) of you!
Congratulations you guys!! that is exciting news!
You guys sure know how to celebrate!!! i haven't had fondue forever!!!
and nice work with the coupon! you married into the right family!
Congratulations on getting into the dental program! You will live further away so you can expect visitors. We found that while we lived in Ohio for four years we had some great family visits because people stayed for a week. . . quality time vs. short few hour visits.
Post a Comment