Thursday, December 4, 2008

Enjoying the Pregnant Life

So anyone who knows me is aware that I am somewhat of a health nut. I am very concerned about what goes in my body and at what hour it does. This is how I maintain my fit and athletic figure. Sure. Well although that may not be true for me, Petrea on the other hand is quite a healthy eater. She is always making sure we get enough vegetables and is pretty good about not eating too much junk. Well tonight I got a bit of a surprise. I picked her up from work (and yes it was in the car and not on my bike) at around 9pm. On our way home she was commenting on how she needed a burger. After my jaw dropped for a second I was quick to support her in her need. We couldn't just settle for a McDonald's Cheeseburger as the baby needs proper nourishment. So we went to A&W. I couldn't let her eat alone so I forced myself to eat a burger as well. I wanted to share this story as it was a big step for Petrea, guiltlessly eating fast food at night.


6 comments:

.Ang. said...

How lucky for Petrea that she has such a sympathetic, supportive husband!

and how appropriate that she got the mama burger. I hope she got a baby burger as well!

This post was hilarious!

MIss you!

Burgess Family said...

haha...so funny...see having a wife pregnant isn't all that bad.

Can't wait until I get my "Grandma" burger.

May Takahashi said...

Thats what pregnancy does--gives you cravings.I believe its like a tonic and makes you feel relaxed and content. NO use fighting it. Good for you Michael-- the supportive hushand.! Bet it wasn't that hard for
you to join her
Glad all is well with you folks\
Did you know that your Mom's cousin in Sakatoon is
a lady police officer. Her mother is Shirley Takahashi.
Jack Takahashi is her dad but he passed away a few years ago.I just can,t remember her married name-will send it later. Love you all.

Wilma said...

Did you delete my comment? I swear I wrote one but it appears I didn't get it sent.

I'm glad that pregnancy is agreeing with you! You and Petrea may be bonding more during the upcoming months...

M. Piepgrass said...

No we definately did not delete your comment. All comments are welcome here.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you are an excellent husband and went along with Petrea's late night request for a burger. . . wouldn't want her to eat food alone (ha, ha).