
Well its been an entire week. Looking back it went by so fast but during some of the long nights I can guarantee Petrea would say otherwise.
The delivery of Drew was quite an experience. We went into the hospital at about 2pm on the 5th. Prior to that Petrea had been having contractions 10-15min apart for 2 days. Once at the hospital Petrea got checked out and they wanted us to stay. Around 9pm Petrea had her waters broken and then at 11:16 Drew came into the world. I could't believe, and neither could the nurses, at how well Petrea did throughout the whole day and especially during the actual birth. She wanted to try to have the baby without and epidural and ended up doing it. The little guy was having trouble coming out so the put the vaccum on him but still didn't want to come out. With his heart rate dropping the dr. said that if he didn't come out on the next push, they would have to look at a c-section. After hearing that Petrea dug deep and on the next push he was out. I knew it would be a great experience but I now understand how amazing it is seeing the baby come into the world. It is such a spiritual/adrenaline filled moment and I have never been so proud of Petrea and all she went through that day.
Being at home has been a lot of fun. I feel like I don't do much but Petrea is working overtime already. Drew is feeding well and sleeping great (except for in the middle of the night). We are figuring out how to dress him, swaddle him, bathe him, and even diaper changing is no longer a two-man job. Petrea learned the other day to change Drew quickly. She called me over and I saw her laughing while trying to cover Drew's loins. He was peeing mid-change and had pee all over Petrea, his clothes, and even his own head. It was pretty funny.
We had Grandma Nohr in town for the last few days which was a great help as she made us a bunch of freezer meals and spent time getting to know Drew. We are really grateful that she made the trip out and was able to spend Mother's Day with us.
Life is great. We feel so blessed to have Drew in our lives.








8 comments:
I think so too! Love him, brag about him and tell everyone you are raising the greatest child in the world - that is what parents do! If every parent did that then every child in the world would be loved and what a great world this would be!
PS...the skinny legs must be from Petrea's side ... right?
He is perfect. And I agree with Auntie Kay about the skinny legs...definitely not from our side of the family.
Okay, I am going to have to make a visit and pack my camera!
Drew is such a cutie, I can't wait to hold him!
I love all the pictures, you guys make such a beautiful little family. Can't wait to see you guys!
Sounds like you guys are adjusting well!!
You did a good job!! He is SO cute!!!
:)
he's so cute! keep takin pictures and posting them :)
Petrea, you are such a trooper!
He's adorable! It looks like everyone is doing well. It's wonderful to see your first "family picture", the family looks great.
Great job Petrea on bringing Drew into this world.
Drew's adorable! Good work on surviving that tough first week ;)
Enjoy this time, it goes by way too fast!
Love the pictures. You look like a happy family. Its so exciting to have a little one around -isn't it? So happy for all of you.
Post a Comment