Sunday, April 19, 2009

the countdown

Well, the countdown is now 10 days. I'm still feeling good and am getting around pretty well. Michael and I still take our Sunday walk down in the river valley, though we haven't had any paparazzi encounters recently. I had my last day of work on April 3rd, since then it's been pretty busy around here. Michael is studying lots for finals and we've had some family visitors come and stay with us. My mom came to visit and help me do some baby-stuff shopping (diapers, wipes, washcloths, etc...). We also made a baby sling which turned out really well. She was a great help in getting lots of those little things ready. My sister Eva, her husband Jeff, and daughter Beatrix also came for visit. It was really nice to spend time with them also. Beatrix is a little over 1 year old and is starting to use some words and practice walking. It was fun to play with her and look forward to our own little guy making his appearance. Soon we hope, but not too soon as it would be nice if Michael were done his final exams. His last final is on April 29th. So as much as I would like to deliver a little early (it's getting harder and harder to share a body with someone else), it would be OK for him to come a little late so that Michael won't have to think about studying. Here are some photos from our walk today.




8 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Petrea, you are looking great! We are getting excited...and agree it would be nice to wait until Michael's last exam is out of the way.

Wilma said...

You sure do look great! It was such a joy to see that there was a new post from you, I've been wondering how you've been doing. Good luck to Michael on his finals and to you on feeling comfortable and holding out for the right date.

Sharon said...

Happy to hear things are going well with the pregnancy. Yes, hopefully the baby can wait until Michael's exams are done. Best wishes on an easy delivery!

kristi Dupont said...

Cute pictures guys! Petrea you look soo beautiful!
I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hold that little bundle of joy!!!

M. Piepgrass said...

Grandma?

May Takahashi said...

Good to hear from you folks. Glad all is well and you are just waiting for the big day. Looks like he is going to be a good size.
I hope he waits for Michael to finish his exams but I think he will come when he is ready-may even be overdue When are you folks leaving Saskatoon. Where will you have the baby blessed?
I pray that your exams won't be too difficult Michael and that you remember all that you study.
You are looking good Petrea.

AK said...

Is he here yet?

AK said...

Like .... aren't you guys waaaay overdue?