Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

I hope that everyone had a great Halloween! Although Drew didn't go trick or treating this year, we couldn't resist dressing him up. We're not sure what creature he is, but it's some kind of reptile; dragon, lizard, Godzilla... something. Anyway, it's cute - so we took a lot of pictures. The leaves are from two really big oak trees on our front lawn.



Drew received a really cute Halloween card from Grandma and Grandpa Takahashi in honor of his first Halloween. Thanks!
He's been enjoying his tongue lately. He also likes to blow raspberries (really juicy ones), and make funny faces by sucking on his lips. As you can see too, he's getting better at sitting on his own. He can sit up for a minute or two before falling over. I think his tongue below really adds to the "lizardness" of his costume.
I made some Halloween cookies to deliver to friends. Mike specially requested the "severed finger" cookies. They're a little more "macabre" than my usual baking, but they were a lot of fun to make and didn't taste too bad either.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice work on the cookies, Petrea!
Drew looks absolutely adorable in his costume!!

Wilma said...

CUTE reptile,dragon,frog,lizard...
that tongue thing was perfect!

Great job with the cookies. Blade thought the cookies looked like real fingers, so you know you did a great job!

I made some fingers out of cheese sticks and slivered almonds and they looked too realistic and Blade wouldn't eat them.

.Ang. said...

Ok, Drew is the cutest little green monster/lizard/dragon/reptile creature EVER!

He is ADORABLE!

And those cookies are amazing! I bet they were delicious!

jacquirae said...

He is ADORABLE!! My favorite picture is the tongue one. Perfect for that costume.

And the cookies look good...wish I was your neighbor!

jacquirae said...

haha i just noticed that I said the EXACT same thing as angie.

It must be true.

he is ADORABLE!

lol

May Takahashi said...

Drew is definitely cute in his reptile,dragon,lizard,frog
outfit. He looks happy all dressed up.
Your decorated cookie looks interesting. I didn'rt make Halloween cookies this year. I used to love decorating them.

Burgess Family said...

He's sooo cute...what else can I say.

And the cookies...pretty impressive.

Love all the photos of Drew - his expressions are great. I too especially like the one with his tongue sticking out and the one holding his Halloween card.

Sharon said...

Love the photos of Drew in his costume . . . especially the "tongue" photo. He is so cute!!! . . . he is really growing fast.

The cookies look great and yummy except for the fingers.

Eva said...

Here's a comment as promised. I agree with all above comments. Drew adorable, cookies look great. Halloween will be very exciting next year with Drew a little older.

mom said...

Really nice photos of Drew and cookies! Good job!

Lyndsey said...

I love Drew! I worked with a boy named drew today and i told him that i know the cutest baby in the world with his same name. he was honored to be a drew after that.

Loved running with you in the arboretum today Petrea! Let's do it again... soon:)