weeks pass before I notice I'm due for another entry.



Lot's has happened in the last few weeks. On Nov. 3 I went down to Indianapolis for a dental school interview. My Dad came up from Lexington to meet me. The interview was fun but the highlight was definately the two rounds of golf we got in. One of the courses we played was the Brickyard Crossing which is alongside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Four of the holes actually are inside the racetrack which was cool. It was really nice to spend a few days with the old man.
Just before we both drove the ball 320 eachOn Nov. 7th we went to Edmonton and went to the Rodeo with a bunch of family. It was a good excuse to put on western wear and watch man duke it out with animal. Good times. On Sunday
I headed down to California for an interview in Loma Linda and left Petrea to a maternity clothes shopping frenzy with her Mom and Sisters. She has quite the collection going.
When I got to California I drove up to see my Mission President and his wife Sister Crane. I got to their place in the evening and they had a steak dinner waiting for me. I had an awesome time with them as we stayed up late visiting. Early the next morning President Crane and I got and went golfing and then the three of us went out to this Scandanavia/Christian breakfast place. It was so great to be with them again and catch up. President Crane is huge into golfing to I foresee us getting together again in the near future.
After breakfast I met up with my old roommate Lindsay (boy) Leavitt up in Fresno for some golf. It was good to see him and spend the afternoon together. The golf was fun but the highlight was the double-double burgers and chocolate shakes from In-N-Out after.
Yes in case you are wondering I FORGOT MY CAMERA.
The next day I got up early to go to the Redlands Temple. The plan was Redlands Temple in the Morning, interview, and LA Temple in the evening. I get to the temple, walk in, and find out my recommend expired 10 days ago. I was so sad. I was at least able to walk to grounds of both temples and was so impressed with how beautiful they are. I learned a good lesson though and have committed myself to never have my recommend expire.
LA TEMPLE
REDLANDS TEMPLE

I had a wonderful trip. Got to see old friends, visit new places, interview at a Seventh-day Adventist dental school, and freely eat fast food without the disapproving looks of my lovely wife. Speaking of my lovely wife, on Nov. 10th, although we were in different places, we passed our 2 year anniversary! Time really has gone by quickly and I hope I speak for us both when I say we are loving married life. Crazy to think that for number 3 we'll have an addition to our family. Yesterday I heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing that the baby and I have the same resting heart rate of 142 BPM. Last night I had a dream about a baby boy, I think i'll go buy some baby golf clubs today.
So for a funny story. While getting ready to go to the temple I was preparing to get into the shower. I turned on the water and noticed it was already coming out of the shower head. I wanted it to first come out of the spout so I could get in, push down the button, and then have water come out of the shower head. Problem was the thing you push down was stuck. So I pushed a little harder. Nothing. So I gave it a light tap with my palm. Still stuck. Next I gave it a lighter slam with my hand and in doing so the whole tap came off the wall and there was water spraying everywhere. I didn't even hit it that hard....I don't think. I still needed to have a shower so I closed the curtain and had the weirest shower ever with the water shooting out at my knees. I went to the front desk after on my way out and told the lady (who spoke Spanish) what had happened. She typed in a few things in the computer and then to my surprise told me they were going to only charge me 30 dollars for the room b/c of any inconvenience.
From my trip I learned a few lessons: ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CAMERA, CARRY A CURRENT TEMPLE RECOMMEND, and once again...IF SOMETHING IS STUCK, SOMETIMES BRUTE FORCE IS NOT THE ANSWER.
I headed down to California for an interview in Loma Linda and left Petrea to a maternity clothes shopping frenzy with her Mom and Sisters. She has quite the collection going.When I got to California I drove up to see my Mission President and his wife Sister Crane. I got to their place in the evening and they had a steak dinner waiting for me. I had an awesome time with them as we stayed up late visiting. Early the next morning President Crane and I got and went golfing and then the three of us went out to this Scandanavia/Christian breakfast place. It was so great to be with them again and catch up. President Crane is huge into golfing to I foresee us getting together again in the near future.
After breakfast I met up with my old roommate Lindsay (boy) Leavitt up in Fresno for some golf. It was good to see him and spend the afternoon together. The golf was fun but the highlight was the double-double burgers and chocolate shakes from In-N-Out after.
Yes in case you are wondering I FORGOT MY CAMERA.
The next day I got up early to go to the Redlands Temple. The plan was Redlands Temple in the Morning, interview, and LA Temple in the evening. I get to the temple, walk in, and find out my recommend expired 10 days ago. I was so sad. I was at least able to walk to grounds of both temples and was so impressed with how beautiful they are. I learned a good lesson though and have committed myself to never have my recommend expire.
LA TEMPLE
REDLANDS TEMPLE
I had a wonderful trip. Got to see old friends, visit new places, interview at a Seventh-day Adventist dental school, and freely eat fast food without the disapproving looks of my lovely wife. Speaking of my lovely wife, on Nov. 10th, although we were in different places, we passed our 2 year anniversary! Time really has gone by quickly and I hope I speak for us both when I say we are loving married life. Crazy to think that for number 3 we'll have an addition to our family. Yesterday I heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing that the baby and I have the same resting heart rate of 142 BPM. Last night I had a dream about a baby boy, I think i'll go buy some baby golf clubs today.
So for a funny story. While getting ready to go to the temple I was preparing to get into the shower. I turned on the water and noticed it was already coming out of the shower head. I wanted it to first come out of the spout so I could get in, push down the button, and then have water come out of the shower head. Problem was the thing you push down was stuck. So I pushed a little harder. Nothing. So I gave it a light tap with my palm. Still stuck. Next I gave it a lighter slam with my hand and in doing so the whole tap came off the wall and there was water spraying everywhere. I didn't even hit it that hard....I don't think. I still needed to have a shower so I closed the curtain and had the weirest shower ever with the water shooting out at my knees. I went to the front desk after on my way out and told the lady (who spoke Spanish) what had happened. She typed in a few things in the computer and then to my surprise told me they were going to only charge me 30 dollars for the room b/c of any inconvenience.
From my trip I learned a few lessons: ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CAMERA, CARRY A CURRENT TEMPLE RECOMMEND, and once again...IF SOMETHING IS STUCK, SOMETIMES BRUTE FORCE IS NOT THE ANSWER.


6 comments:
It sounds like it was a great idea to take up golf!
What an exciting few weeks you have had. The hearing of the baby's heartbeat wins but the other parts were pretty good also.
I hope the interviews went well.
Soo..........all these "accident" prone stories, and numerous times being locked out of things makes me nervous for my future "nephew"....................... just kidding you are going to be a great dad! Thats exciting you guys got to hear the heartbeat, it's just going to keep getting better from here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you guys for Christmas!
Love you both
So funny..some great lessons learned.
I have always said while you were growing up, you didn't realize how strong you really were...there are two stories in the last while that confirms my story.
It was fun having you join us at the rodeo and then for us to spend some time with Petrea while you were off in California.
Hearing the baby's heartbeat is always exciting...just wait until you feel it move around and then the delivery...so many good times ahead.
It was good to see the photo of you and the Cranes.
Thanks for the lessons learned. Sounds like you had a rough week (ha, ha). It was nice to see you at the CFR. Best wishes on getting into a Dental program somewhere.
Michael...I heard they closed the LA temple due to protesters...did you see them?
And...you are such a character..no wonder Petrea loves you! Happy Anniversary!
What is the difference in a regular dental school and the SDA Dental school? Seriously!!!
I didn't post a comment before but I did enjoy reading your blog. I check every day to read more. Am thrilled about you future arrival. It will be so much fun to have a little Michael or Petrea. around.
Post a Comment