A few Sundays ago I decided that I would make a roast. I pulled out a large frozen roast from our freezer, set it on the counter, and then proceeded to prepare the crock pot. I threw in a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup, a pack of onion soup mix, some Worcestershire sauce, water, onions, garlic and some other spices. I mixed it all together in preparation for the meat. Even though the roast was frozen solid I figured the crock pot could handle it on a low heat over 5-6 hours. I went to set the roast into the pot. I put it in one way and it barely fit but I thought that if I could turn it sideways I could have more of the meat submerged in the liquid. The only problem was the roast, being frozen solid, was just barely to big. Being that I spend hours per day in the gym I thought my man muscles could gently force the meat down into the pot. So I pushed. It started to budge....put then stopped. So I pushed harder. Thats when it happened. All of a sudden the roast was in the bottom of the pot and I was completely covered in roast mix. I had cream of mushroom chunks in my hair and there was stuff all over the ceiling, walls, floor, my clothes, etc. I didn't realize it until I looked at the source of my mess but my pushing of the frozen roast caused the ceramic crock pot to crack in half. Although impressed with my mammoth strength Petrea was not happy with the loss of her long time friend....hence the no pics. Moral of the story......thaw large chunks of meat instead of forcing solid ones into cooking devices that are too small.
Michael
8 comments:
hahaha! Thanks for the story. It's always so much better when we hear it directly from you. Too bad you didnt get a picture. So...you need a new crock pot for Christmas maybe???
Those are words that I have always lived by...
I'm so looking forward to reading your blogs regularly because already I'm seeing what I have been missing out on.
Your story may be a bunch of "crock" but it's a good one and I'm thoroughly impressed with your mammoth strength to be able to crack the pot (should I use those two words in the same sentence?). The picture I would have LOVED to have seen is you and the room covered with the sauce...
I love stories with a moral!
Those are definitely words to live by!
Sounds you don't know your own strength. How much HAVE you been working out?
Okay, that was funny...Darrell was in the other room as I read your blog...he was wondering what I was laughing about so I shared the story with him. He will read it later...because things are always funnier when you say them.
A little sad there is no photo...but now that you are getting into this blogging thing...you will be amazed how you will now remember to take a photo of any future incident...just so you can blog it.
Your story proves that there is one way of learning that will always stick with you. (I wouldn't recommend it) Not sure the mess is worth it.
Glad you are on the blog now. Its nice to keep in
touch. Hi Petrea
Happy Halloween !!
Love Grandmabashi
Love the story Michael! Coming from you personally adds the special touch. Another moral of the story, "Always have your camera close at hand!"
haha
that is a great story. and a great lesson to have learned.
i miss all the good times we had that involved food when you lived with us!
cant wait for more blog entries!
You could have called this "Crackpot with a Cracked Pot". I can just imagine the stuff flying all over (not that I've ever experienced that myself). I love your stories.
Post a Comment